1.8
Additional Fees

Went in for sinus infection to Summerville SC (Dorchester Rd) location while visiting family.I looked up their website before going.

States $125 cost for visit. I went in and while registering the first question 'receptionist/PA?' asks is if I have insurance. I said yes but it wouldn't pay for this. He said that was okay.

He still needed to file it in their system, I needed to pay $30 then and they would bill be for anything else. The visit was a joke. Luckily I did get antibiotics but it wasn't a good visit and I left 3 hours later wondering about the 'doctor's' credentials. I worked in healthcare for more than 10 years and if I hadn't been miserable I might have thrown a little hissy fit.

Anyway, 3 months later I received a bill for $130 ($160-$30 I already paid). I was confused and even went back to the website to double check the fee. It hadn't changed. So I called their billing number.

I asked about the discrepancy and was told I was charged more because I had insurance. I explained that I do have insurance but I had told the facility my insurance would not cover the visit. She said she could only go by what was on the screen and that if I wanted the lower fee I should have told the facility I did not have insurance! I said oh I should have lied?

Yes. I was shocked. Then she hung up on me. I emailed both customer service email addresses at the billing site and the doctors care site.

I have not gotten any response whatsoever from anyone. But now I have another bill marked past due. I'm so angry and not sure what I want to do next.

I do know I'll never use them again.Terrible.

Review about: Doctors Care Billing Department.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Overcharged, Rude billing person, Higher bill than stated, Really long wait, Strange questions by do.

Had an Experience with Doctors Care?

Comments